Friday, May 13, 2011

Just another day... that I’m impressed with people!

Running a child care center can get pretty hectic sometimes and today was specifically tiring.

I am not sure how I got involved in this conversation, but yesterday, I found myself talking to my two co-workers and a child in grade 2 about red-velvet cupcakes, which are the specialties of a dessert shop nearby.
 
When the child’s mother came to pick her up, we asked her for directions to this little dessert shop. With a big smile on her face, she gave us the exact directions. The two coworkers and I decided that Friday (tomorrow) would be the day to go, right after our afternoon shift and before hitting the gym.

Today, I got to work a little late, and I had to step away for a moment because I was having a conversation with one of the parents. When I walked in, I was tired and stressed. My co worker came up to me and said she has something to cheer me up.

Jumping at the chance to feel good, I asked what it was. She said that the child’s mother we were talking to yesterday has brought in a gift card for 12 cupcakes from that dessert place :)

It made my day and cheered me up when my day felt like it was never going to end. I was impressed! I was happy that someone would go out of their way to do something that –even though small- is selfless and for no other reason but to make others happy!

I asked my co-worker to hold on to the gift card till we go. I just hope she doesn’t cash it out and take all my cupcakes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment