Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just another day with just another stranger!

I stopped by the café near my work this morning to grab a bagel and coffee for breakfast but I wasn’t carrying cash. I made an order and soon after I realized that I should check whether or not they take debit.

The lady behind the counter said that they’d only take debit if it was above $ 5. I knew what I ordered wouldn’t come to $5 so I asked her for what my total would be if I added another coffee.  The answer was $4.50. I looked at the display, wondering what else I can get in order to reach their target, when I heard a lady behind me asking “did you only want the bagel and coffee?” and I said yes! She was like “ don’t worry about it then, I got it, I need to order lots of stuff so a bagel and a coffee won’t make a difference!”

I attempted, and I attempted really hard to get her to understand that she did not have to do that. But she insisted. She was a complete stranger! And she made my day!

I don’t understand why we’ve always been taught to fear from strangers, when most of the ones I’ve encountered have been really nice

Thank you lady at the café place! I’ll make sure I pass your kindness on!

No comments:

Post a Comment